Monday, December 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
It seems like time gets away from me these days. We are staying very busy and are all doing well. Michael has healed from his surgery and is able to eat anything he wants. His speech has really taken off in the last month or so. His vocabulary grows everyday.
He is also almost potty trained. He his very proud and enjoys announcing to the world.... okay maybe not the world but all of Wal-mart or any other public place that we happen to be in.... "I PEEEEEEEEED!!!!!"
Over the last month, we kept very busy. We enjoyed a trip to the zoo and celebrated the Autumn Moon Festival with Families of the China Moon at a local park. Michael also got his first big boy haircut.
Here are some pictures from the last month.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Michael had pink eye, but luckily we did not get it. His nosebleeds have continued. However, we have been told that they should stop after his next surgery. He is breathing through his mouth when he sleeps, because his cleft is still partly open it is trying out his nasal passages. This is causing the nosebleeds.
We have started potty training, too. He is about 95% potty trained at home. He really enjoys wearing his big boy "unwearwear."
This past Saturday, we took Michael to Busch Gardens. We all had so much fun. Michael rode his first roller coaster, met Elmo & his friends, rode the choo choo train, drove a ladybug car, and surprised me by doing the Chicken Dance with a huge group of kids at one of the performances.
Next Tuesday (August 24), Michael has his second surgery. They will finish closing his palate, do some rhinoplasty, and insert new tubes in his ears. He will be staying in the hospital overnight again. We will update everyone as soon as we can as to how he is recovering.
Here are some pictures from the last month:
Rest Well All..... Michael is on the job.
Monday, July 20, 2009
On July 8, Michael and I flew to Alabama. My aunt Jimmie's funeral was on July 9. While we were there, we were also able to spend time with family. Michael got spoiled rotten as usual. My best friend Gennifer and her little girl MG stopped by for a visit while we were there. My birthday was July 11 and I was able to celebrate with my mom, dad, grandparents, 3 of my uncles, and some of my cousins. I cannot remember the last time I was in Alabama for my birthday. We returned home on July 12. One of Michael's favorite parts of the trip was riding the planes. Everyday since then he has told me "clouds mommy! Up Up Plane!"
Since coming home, we have been busy with work and school. This past weekend we decided to convert Michael's crib into a big boy bed. While Bill worked on that, I took Michael to the Children's Museum to meet Spiderman. At first, he wasn't quite sure of the red arachnid like creature standing on two legs. After a couple of minutes, he warmed up to him enough to get a quick picture. When we got home, we had lunch. Then, we surprised Michael with his "big boy" bed and rug. He giggled and grinned. He just loved it! We ended the day at a friend's pool. Michael is fearless and will go down the waterslide or jump off the edge. You have to keep your eye on him! That evening we had dinner and Michael was happy to go to sleep in his "big boy" bed.
Here are some new pictures:
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
- traveled 1/2 way around the world.
- been in 7 different airports.
- flown on 14 planes.
- gained 11 pounds and grown 7 inches.
- seen many doctors.
- had palate surgery and ear tubes put in.
- taken speech therapy once a week.
- learned to count to 5.
- learned to identify many of his colors.
- started saying 100s of words.
- been to the beach.
- taken trolley tours of Boston and Washington, D.C.
- been to Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine.
- taken a trip to the National Zoo.
- celebrated his 3rd birthday with 3 parties.
- learned to do the Tomahawk Chop. Go Braves!
- learned to say "ROLL TIDE."
- learned many cute phrases, like "AWWWW MAN!"
- made it hard to go out to dinner incognito. We get told how cute he is or he stands up and gives a big "HELLO!" to the entire restaurant. We wouldn't have it any other way!
- had many people fall in love with him.
- is fearless. He will jump off and on almost anything. I am just waiting for the words, "Hey mom! Watch this!"
- loves to eat!
- loves music, both playing and singing.
- is all boy! He loves trucks, trains, planes, tractors, and construction equipment.
- never stops, unless he is asleep. He is like the Energizer Bunny!
- is a very happy, easygoing little boy whose smile can light up a room.
- loves to joke and laugh. His laughter is contagious.
- likes to figure out how things work. He will even take the keys off of your laptop if you don't watch him close enough. Just ask Papaw!
- enjoys dancing and turning in circles.
- likes to watch cartoons and other shows on the Disney Channel.
- likes watching "moomies" (movies) on the tv, such as Cars, Thomas the Train, Monsters Inc., and Nemo.
- has a favorite store. "WAL-MAR!!!"
- loves day care, but loves being picked up in the afternoon, too.
- will sleep in the buff if you do not put shorts over his diaper.
- enjoys being outside.
- loves to take a bath but does not like the shower.
- has an arm! Watch for flying objects!
- likes to cuddle and give hugs and kisses.
- loves playing demolition derby with his cousin "WoWo" (Joseph).
- knows what the word "home" means.
- most of all has learned that he has a family and many friends that love him more than words can explain.
There are so many other things I could list, but I will stop with these. Over the last year, Michael has not only stolen our hearts, but the hearts of so many other people. Thank you all for praying for our family, showing us your love, and being a part of Michael's first year with us and his life.
Today, we celebrate our "Familyversary."
Thanks for celebrating with us!