Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching up...

We have had a very hectic few weeks. I have not been able to post an update that includes pictures from out New Hampshire trip. However, you can catch all of the events of our vacation on my mom's blog at http://dryanramblings.blogspot.com/.

On July 8, Michael and I flew to Alabama. My aunt Jimmie's funeral was on July 9. While we were there, we were also able to spend time with family. Michael got spoiled rotten as usual. My best friend Gennifer and her little girl MG stopped by for a visit while we were there. My birthday was July 11 and I was able to celebrate with my mom, dad, grandparents, 3 of my uncles, and some of my cousins. I cannot remember the last time I was in Alabama for my birthday. We returned home on July 12. One of Michael's favorite parts of the trip was riding the planes. Everyday since then he has told me "clouds mommy! Up Up Plane!"

Since coming home, we have been busy with work and school. This past weekend we decided to convert Michael's crib into a big boy bed. While Bill worked on that, I took Michael to the Children's Museum to meet Spiderman. At first, he wasn't quite sure of the red arachnid like creature standing on two legs. After a couple of minutes, he warmed up to him enough to get a quick picture. When we got home, we had lunch. Then, we surprised Michael with his "big boy" bed and rug. He giggled and grinned. He just loved it! We ended the day at a friend's pool. Michael is fearless and will go down the waterslide or jump off the edge. You have to keep your eye on him! That evening we had dinner and Michael was happy to go to sleep in his "big boy" bed.

Here are some new pictures:


2 comments:

The Landes Family said...

We stopped by a couple of weeks ago on our way to Norfolk to see you. Michael is so cute. I makes 3 of Miss Talicee. She is very petite. She is still in her crib. Maybe we can see you again next time.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Life is crazy, isn't it???
Just catching up myself,
Robbie